When considering our peer schools, the University of Minnesota Twin Cities offers a great education at a fair price. Students enrolled in 13 credits or more every semester will not see an increase in tuition because we have a fixed tuition rate. For a four-year degree, students normally take 15–16 credits every semester. All fees and tuition are subject to change, and each student’s real costs will be different. Any discrepancy between these predicted expenses and your actual costs is not the University of Minnesota’s fault. There are University of Minnesota Graduate scholarships for international students to apply and get benefited.
Overview of Scholarships
- Master’s degree level of study in University of Minnesota
- Study in the United States
- Duration of Programs: Two Years
- University of Minnesota Twin Cities tuition fees for international students is $37,640 which will be funded in the scholarship.
Scholarship for Global Excellence
Every foreign student enrolled for fall semester on an F1 visa, including freshmen and transfer students, is automatically nominated for a Global Excellence Scholarship. No further scholarship application is necessary. Based on an evaluation of their admissions package as a whole, students are given consideration. Academic merit is the basis for competitive awards. Award-winning students rank among the top of their class and have a proven track record of excellent academic preparation.
Need-Based Scholarships at ISSS
International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) offers a limited number of additional need-based scholarships for international students.
Coverage of Scholarships
- Whole tuition.
- Living costs.
- Health and travel insurance.
- International freshmen are eligible to apply for scholarships worth $15,000 or $10,000 year for a maximum of four years beginning in the 2024–2025 academic year.
- When enrolling in the University’s autumn semester, transfer students are eligible to earn $10,000 annually for a maximum of three years. Transfer students who enroll in the University’s autumn semester are eligible to receive $10,000 annually for a maximum of three years. Scholarships for transfer students starting in the spring semester will only be awarded based on available funding.
In order to qualify for a University of Minnesota scholarships, candidates need to fulfill the necessary requirements:
- English is one of the required languages.
- All nations throughout the world are eligible.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, in a comparable field of study from an established university.
- Fulfill the prerequisites for enrollment in the academic MDP program.
- Show a strong track record in both your academic and professional endeavors.
- Engage in extracurricular activities, volunteer work in the community, or entrepreneurial endeavors to showcase your outstanding people skills.
- It is necessary to speak and understand English. Valid results on the TOEFL or IELTS test, with a minimum of 600 on the paper version, 250 on the computer version, 100 on the Internet version, with a minimum of 22 points in each part, or 7 on the IELTS.
- A bank statement, a pay stub, or an HR letter from the present job in the event of unemployment should be included.
- Two recommendation letters.
- Authentic passport ID page copied.
- Updated cover letter.
- All transcripts, undergraduate and graduate (if relevant).
- Transfer: When enrolling in the University’s autumn semester, transfer students are eligible to earn $10,000 annually for a maximum of three years. Transfer students who enroll in the University’s autumn semester are eligible to receive $10,000 annually for a maximum of three years. Scholarships for transfer students starting in the spring semester will only be awarded based on available funding.
- For students to continue to be eligible for these rewards, they must retain their F-1 immigration visa status.
How to apply for University of Minnesota Scholarship application?
Select Your Course: Across two sites, the Graduate School provides master’s and doctorate degrees for over 130 research-based graduate programs. Which course will you take?
Examine the requirements for applications: Program to program differences may exist in application requirements. Make sure you possess the appropriate tools and credentials.
Select desired program: Certain programs might not consider your admissions application until they have the necessary documentation.
Verify the Application Deadlines: We highly advise that you send your full application together with all necessary documentation at least two weeks prior to the application deadline to ensure that it is handled as quickly as possible.
Apply Right Away: Make a request, attach your transcripts, and pay the application fee.
December 15: Humphrey School merit-based funding and University of Minnesota fellowships are both deadlines for consideration.
January 15 is the deadline for Humphrey School merit-based financial assistance consideration.
International students can apply for scholarships at the University of Minnesota. Based on their academic achievement, freshmen are automatically nominated for the Global Excellence Scholarship. Up to three years of $10,000 annual scholarships are available to transfer students. The University of Minnesota Fellowship also provides coverage for living expenses, health insurance, and travel expenses. A bachelor’s degree, a stellar academic record, fluency in the English language, and a GRE score are prerequisites.