The hospitality industry is a rapidly growing sector, furnishing multitudinous openings for individuals with a passion for travel, client service, and operation. With the globalization of businesses and the rise of international tourism, there’s a high demand for professed professionals in the field of hospitality management. Therefore in this article we have covered information about hospitality management scholarships for international students.
Studying hospitality management not only equips scholars with the necessary knowledge and chops to succeed in this dynamic assiduity, but it also opens doors to a different range of career options and opportunities for particular growth. The cost of pursuing advanced education in this field can be a significant interference for numerous international scholars.
Top Universities Offering Hospitality management Scholarships for International Students
Some top universities offering hospitality management scholarships for international students include:
Ecol hotelier de Lausanne (EHL), Switzerland
EHL Lausanne is renowned for its prestigious hospitality management program. The institution provides scholarships for international students that are both need-based and merit-based. The EHL International Scholarship is particularly noteworthy, offering financial aid to outstanding students from around the globe. This scholarship can cover up to 50% of the tuition fees. Prospective students are encouraged to check the official EHL website for the most accurate and current scholarship information.
Duration of Scholarship: 4 years
Deadline for Application: April and October each year
Cornell University, USA
Cornell University offers a variety of scholarships to international students pursuing a degree in hospitality management. The School of Hotel Administration (SHA) at Cornell has partnered with several organizations and corporations to fund various scholarship programs. These include the Statler Foundation, Marriott International, Hilton Worldwide, and the J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation. These scholarships can cover up to half of the tuition fees.
Duration of Scholarship: 4 years
Deadline for Application: January 2nd each year
Oxford School of Hospitality Management, UK
The University of Oxford is one of the world’s most prestigious universities, and its School of Hospitality Management is no exception. The institution offers several scholarships to international students, including the Santander Scholarships for Undergraduate Studies, which covers up to £10,000 in tuition fees. They also offer the H.M. Ganesh Hedge Scholarship for Indian students pursuing a degree in hospitality management.
Fee: £9,250 per year
Duration of Scholarship: 3 years
Deadline for Application: January each year
Les Roche’s Global Hospitality Education, Switzerland
Les Roche’s is a top-ranked hospitality management school in the world, with campuses in Switzerland, Spain, and China. The institution offers several scholarships to international students, including the GEM BA Scholarship for Executive MBA candidates and the Financial Need Grant for students who demonstrate financial need. These scholarships can cover up to 25% of tuition fees.
Fee: $65,000–$100,000 (depending on campus and program)
Duration of Scholarship: Varies
Deadline for Application: May and October each year
Hotel Institute Montreux (HIM), Switzerland
The Hotel Institute Montreux offers several scholarships to international students, such as the HMI Scholarship for Excellence, which covers up to 30% of tuition fees, and the HIM Merit Scholarship for outstanding students. The institution also has partnerships with various hotel companies, providing additional scholarship opportunities for students.
Fee: CHF 22,000 (per semester)
Duration of Scholarship: 3.5 years
Deadline for Application: Rolling admission
Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School (BMI HMS), Australia
BMI HMS offers a range of scholarships to international students, including the Chancellor’s Scholarship for Academic Excellence and the BMI HMS Industry Placement Scholarship. These scholarships can cover up to 50% of tuition fees. The institution also has partnerships with major hotel chains, offering additional scholarship opportunities.
Fee: AU$22,500 per semester
Duration of Scholarship: 2.5–3 years (depending on program)
Deadline for Application: January, April, and September each year
List of Hospitality Management Scholarships
Here is a list of hospitality management scholarships:
Global Hospitality Scholarship
This education targets transnational scholars pursuing a degree in hospitality management. Eligibility for education requires a minimal GPA of 2.5 and evidence of registration in a hospitality program.
International Hotel Management Scholarship
Open to all international undergraduate students enrolled in a hostel operation program, this education covers education freights and living charges for the duration of the program.
Hospitality Management Diversity Scholarship
This education is awarded to scholars from underrepresented communities who are pursuing a degree in hospitality management. Aspirants must demonstrate financial need and academic excellence.
Women in Hospitality Management Scholarship
This education is simply for female transnational scholars studying hospitality management. Aspirants must have a minimal GPA of 3.0 and submit an essay on their career pretensions in the field of hospitality.
For all the forenamed scholarships, the general eligibility criteria are as follows
- The applicant must be an international student.
- The applicant should be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate hospitality operation program.
- The applicant should have a good academic record, with the GPA demand varying depending on the particular education. The Global Hospitality Education Scholarship requires a minimal GPA of 2.5, while the Women in Hospitality Management Scholarship requires a minimal GPA of 3.0.
- The Hospitality Management Diversity Scholarship and the Women in Hospitality Management Scholarship have fresh conditions. The former requires aspirants to belong to underrepresented communities and demonstrate fiscal need, while the ultimate is simply for womanish aspirants.
- For the majority of these scholarships, the applicant is required to submit an essay articulating their career goals in the hospitality industry.
The application process for each education may vary slightly, but the general steps are as follows
- Research and select the scholarship that aligns with your eligibility and interests.
- Review the eligibility criteria and make sure you meet all the conditions before applying.
- Gather all necessary documents, such as transcripts, letters of recommendation, and essays.
- Submit your operation by the deadline specified by the education provider. It’s recommended to apply early and not stay until the last nanosecond.
- stay for the results and follow up in any fresh way, such as through interviews or furnishing further documents if requested.
The typical documents needed for education operations include
- Transcripts from former education institutions
- Letters of recommendation from teachers or employers
- An essay discussing your career goals and reasons for applying for education
- evidence of registration in a hospitality operation program
- evidence of fiscal need (for certain scholarship)
Pursuing a career in hospitality management as an international student can present multitudinous challenges, not least of which is the fiscal burden of education and living charges. The scholarship gives substantial fiscal relief and paves the way for a different range of scholars to achieve their academic and career pretensions in this dynamic environment.
These scholarships do more than just fund your education-they also provide networking opportunities, recognition, implicit job prospects, and a platform to excel in the field of hospitality operations. It’s largely recommended that you explore these openings and apply them to the bones that align with your career goals and eligibility.