This scholarship has Judy Corman’s name, a publishing executive who played a key role in creating the worldwide phenomenon known as Harry Potter. At the public relations firm Robinson, Lerer & Montgomery in New York, Corman held the position of senior vice president.Discover the legacy of the Judy Corman Memorial Scholarship, dedicated to empowering aspiring minds with educational excellence. Learn how this scholarship transforms dreams into reality, fostering a brighter future for passionate individuals.
The non-profit group New York Women in Communications Inc. (NYWICI), which serves communications professionals in the New York metropolitan area, is the sponsor of the scholarship. Established in 1929, the group assists women pursuing careers in communications at all levels, ranging from undergraduates to CEOs in large corporations.
The Judy Corman Memorial Scholarship is available to university students who want to work in public relations. Candidates must be majoring in or declaring a major in a communications-related subject (for seniors in high school only).
Advertising, broadcasting, communications, English, cinema, journalism, marketing, new media, and public relations are among the relevant majors.
- Students must have a GPA of 3.2 or above overall is required of candidates.
- The Judy Corman Memorial Scholarship program is an annual scholarship which is nonrenewable. So each year, one scholarship is given out.
- The candidate must meet particular eligibility and qualification requirements, such as being a resident of NY, NJ, CT, or PA, or as a citizen of the United States and a high school senior who also attends and is a permanent resident of one of these states.
- Furthermore, graduate and undergraduate students who are permanent residents of one of the above-mentioned states are eligible for the scholarship.
- It’s important to note that graduate students may apply for the scholarship part-time or full-time, while undergraduate students must apply full-time.
- Additionally, graduate students need to be in good standing as members of New York Women in Communications.
- Students who are U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents and enrolled in a communications program at a college or university in New York State but do not reside in NY, NJ, CT, or PA are also eligible to apply.
How To Apply
- Students who want to apply for the Judy Corman Memorial Scholarship should fill out the online form.
- Students should submit their resume.
- Students must submit two recommendation letters from their college faculty.
- Students must submit previous years’ documents as a reference.
- A verification letter from the university where the student is enrolled.
For further assistance please read the “Whom To Contact section” and go to the official website.
- Students will be rewarded $10,000 annually.
- New York Women in Communications Inc. (NYWICI), will send the Reward amount to the University account directly.
Paid Internship Opportunity
The Judy Corman Memorial Scholarship offers a paid summer internship at the company’s New York City headquarters. This paid internship is a part of the Judy Corman Memorial Scholarship award.
Read: The Coolidge Scholarship
The Judy Corman Memorial Scholarship deadline is Friday, January 24. Students who want to apply this year can hurry up and send the application.
Whom To Contact:
Below are the details of where students can contact and do the inquiry:
- Phone: 212-297-2136
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 355 Lexington Avenue 15th Floor New York, NY 10017-6603